It’s nice to get a little girl time in every once in a while. If you want to treat your little lady to something special this Valentine’s Day here is a list of some dates with you two specifically in mind!
- Tea parties: This can be a great opportunity to sit your daughter down over a nice little spread and get to know her a little better! There are a few places in+around Detroit where you can have tea service provided for you OR you can set up a tea party of your very own right in your livingroom floor!
- Bookstore and “coffee” date: A few of our contributors told us that the simple act of going to Barnes and Noble with their daughters was enough make them happy! Many bookstores offer lounge areas where you can grab a coffee (or hot cocoa for the little one) and chat about the books you found. At the end of the night – you each pick out your favorite book to take home!
- Hotel Retreat: Whether right there in your home town or a short road trip away, getting a hotel for just the two of you to unwind can be the PERFECT mommy/daughter date! Bring your bathing suits, order room service, jump on the beds and have lots of girl talk! This is a great way to connect with your little girl and have fun doing it!
- A Day of Pampering: Mani/Pedi? Massage? Hair cut and style? You know what your girl would love the most! Giggles and girl talk are a guarantee with this date idea. There are also a few spas in+around detroit that cater specifically to kids! Time with your baby AND pampering? Yes, please!
- Shopping: Another amazing idea from one of our contributors – She loves taking her daughter to the store to try on silly clothing combinations and having a little dance party in the dressing room! They sometimes even make a day of it and have lunch between different stores! SO fun! Don’t forget your camera to take pictures of all the fancy/goofy outfits you try!
- Mommy + Me Class: There are some places like Honey: Space for Moms and Moms-to-Be that offer Mommy and Me Yoga classes or other exercise classes where the two of you can break a sweat and learn something at the same time! This is perfect!
- Rollerskating: Whether you’re good at it or not isn’t the point. You’re guaranteed to laugh because someone is bound to fall on their bum at least once. Check out the skating rinks in your area because some rinks do themed nights or have specials for certain groups! Get a bunch of your favorite mom/daughter combos together and make it a group date!
- Pajama Breakfast!: Wake up, roll out of bed and head to IHOP in your pajamas! Take pictures! ‘Nuff said.
Do you have an idea for a Mommy/Daughter date that you don’t see on our list? Let us know! We love to hear from you!